• [BETA] Welcome to the community Guest! We are currently operating in beta. If you notice any issues, please contact us at [email protected]

The iPhone 12 Pro display delay

fredr0gers

Team
Staff member
Premium
Apr 23, 2020
With reports of Apple now potentially delaying 120hz panel screens in this years iPhone hardware refresh I think many people are wondering is this the hardware dealbreaker? With many android devices already offering similar high refresh rate panels is Apple falling too far behind the pack? I’d like to upgrade my XS Max this year, but not having that higher quality display for me just might not make an upgrade worth it this time around. What are your thoughts? Are you a “never Apple” Android person? If you are an Apple adopter do you feel this is a huge let down for this year?

Undisclos3d

Team
Staff member
Premium
Apr 23, 2020
The Internet
justinlosh.com
With reports of Apple now potentially delaying 120hz panel screens in this years iPhone hardware refresh I think many people are wondering is this the hardware dealbreaker? With many android devices already offering similar high refresh rate panels is Apple falling too far behind the pack? I’d like to upgrade my XS Max this year, but not having that higher quality display for me just might not make an upgrade worth it this time around. What are your thoughts? Are you a “never Apple” Android person? If you are an Apple adopter do you feel this is a huge let down for this year?
Yeah, so that is going to be a huge let down. If my current XS Max wasn't failing me at the moment, I'd probably not upgrade. I was hoping for the 120Hz panel, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

godssouljah

May 22, 2020
I was on the "change every year" plan, but im still on the XR due to the 11 being a pretty horrible upgrade (albeit the XR is not really that great, but I put my money into a nice TV and since being home with all the Rona lately, not been on the phone as much as I used to) A buttery smooth 120Hz display sounds amazing but can i really justify it when I have so many great monitors here at home....meh. Looks like another year of the XR unless they pull out a 1TB memory phone this time around. How are they still stuck on 256GB....

KcMsterpce

May 20, 2020
What's the point of a 120hz display on a phone? I don't mean it to be rude, just curious as to how much it would be used, and to what purpose(s).
So people can be like, "Woah look how smoothly the screen slides the text while looking at a website!", or "Dang, that app animation looks SO much better when it opens!", or "Dang, lookit this Youtube clip at 120fps on this tiny screen! Man I'm so glad I'm not using a monitor or TV instead!" :D

Undisclos3d

Team
Staff member
Premium
Apr 23, 2020
The Internet
justinlosh.com
What's the point of a 120hz display on a phone? I don't mean it to be rude, just curious as to how much it would be used, and to what purpose(s).
So people can be like, "Woah look how smoothly the screen slides the text while looking at a website!", or "Dang, that app animation looks SO much better when it opens!", or "Dang, lookit this Youtube clip at 120fps on this tiny screen! Man I'm so glad I'm not using a monitor or TV instead!" :D
Because I can't carry a monitor in my pocket :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: KcMsterpce