• [BETA] Welcome to the community Guest! We are currently operating in beta. If you notice any issues, please contact us at [email protected]

Detroit Become Human

Undisclos3d

Team
Staff member
Premium
Apr 23, 2020
The Internet
justinlosh.com
Has anyone else played at least the demo for Detroit Become Human? I'd be curious to know other people's thoughts on the game. I downloaded the demo and gave it a shot. The graphics are great, game play is an interesting change, seems like it would be a time-suck. You can find the demo on Steam here.

KcMsterpce

May 20, 2020
I just tried the demo.
It's an interesting concept. It plays like a CSI police procedural game, with answers just as quick as you'd get with an episode of CSI. :D
It's more justified because you're an android and can analyze crap and do forensics on-the-fly. My issues with it might be that it could perhaps get a little repetitive if the point of the game is to walk around and unlock predetermined clues, then let people die or not.
The concept of a flow chart to see your path in the choose-your-own-adventure scheme could be fun for a while, but I don't know if I would care enough to continually redo missions just to unlock more endings.
Finally, I don't like the control interface. I am sure it will become more intuitive and easier to adjust to after a couple/few hours.

I think if you miss choose your own adventure books, then you have a game that will let you experience it with pictures AND sound, and you won't have to keep turning pages, which takes a lot of work!
It is a pretty game. Nice lighting and textures.

Maybe I'll buy it. Heck, why not.

I wonder if you would ever be able to get new outfits, including a duster with a high collar, and a dual-barreled pistol with red lights on it. And a checkered tie. That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Undisclos3d

Team
Staff member
Premium
Apr 23, 2020
The Internet
justinlosh.com
It's an interesting concept. It plays like a CSI police procedural game, with answers just as quick as you'd get with an episode of CSI. :D
It's more justified because you're an android and can analyze crap and do forensics on-the-fly. My issues with it might be that it could perhaps get a little repetitive if the point of the game is to walk around and unlock predetermined clues, then let people die or not.
@KcMsterpce Yes, I completely agree -- that is why I didn't buy the game. The demo was extremely repetitive. I might eventually buy the game when it's on sale or cheap. Something that might be interesting to play over time.

KcMsterpce

May 20, 2020
I agree, if it's pretty cheap and I don't have a stack of games to play, and I'm in the right mood, I might get it.